Pears Watercolor by Victoria Morgan
This world is but a canvas to our imagination - Henry David Thoreau

Friday, June 24, 2011

Getting 'The Call'


It's been a roller coaster ride of a spring, and I'm liking it!  

Last Friday, June 3rd, Laura Bradford of the Bradford Literary Agency called me and offered me representation!

Laura said she was up until 4:00 in the morning reading my manuscript so she had me to blame for her sleepless day. Admittedly, I felt a pang of guilt at keeping her awake, but it was fleeting. I mean, honestly, what writer doesn't want to keep a reader awake to all hours of the night turning those pages? Isn't that the goal?  Touchdown!  

So now my writing journey is really beginning.  Next week, along with about 2,500 others, I am attending RWA's 31st Annual Romance Writer's Conference, Bright Light Big Stories in New York City!  So exciting.  I received my invitation to a reception to honor the Golden Heart Finalists, and it looked like a mini wedding invitation -- so of course, I had to buy another dress!

I can't believe I will be lifting a glass of champagne surrounded by the likes of big name authors like Nora Roberts, Cathy Maxwell, Eloise James, Loretta Chase, Madeline Hunter and so many talented others...  And Meg Cabot is hosting the Golden Heart® Awards ceremony on Friday, July 1st. It just gets better and better.

I will take lots of pictures, hopefully without my jaw hanging open.... some videos, hopefully without my tripping over my heels.... and remind myself to have fun!

I'm excited and nervous, but most of all I can't wait!

Nationals here I come!


  

2 comments:

Dalton Diaz said...

I wish I could be there! You'll hear me cheering all the way from here, tho. Find a computer and let those of us left behind know everything right away!

Penny Watson said...

Yay! What an awesome milestone! So happy for you. I can't wait to hear all about Nationals....take lots of photos, too!